So you're going to the flooring store...
From big-box mega-depots with super low prices to liquidators and discount bargain stores with hundreds of products, high-pressure sales and unethical dealers… how do you ever find a qualified, competent, professional flooring store expert?
Choosing a flooring store isn’t easy. You’re bombarded with misleading advertising, confusing claims and simply bad information.
We would like to share what we know about the flooring industry. With this information, you can make an informed, intelligent decision. Even if you don’t choose Creative Carpet & Flooring for your flooring needs, we want to help you avoid the predatory floor dealers that are out there.
Here's a couple of things to look out for and why the company that quotes you the lowest price isn't necessarily the company you should choose.
Avoid Poor Quality Products and Installation
First, many dishonest, unethical dealers will quote low prices up front to get your business. Then they make you “pay” for the low cost in several ways:
- Bait and Switch - They install a more inferior quality product than you originally paid for but don’t tell you. (This is called bait-and-switch.) It’s virtually impossible to know that they’ve done this until 6-12 months later when the carpet begins to show wear and fall apart.
- Using untrained, unqualified installers to cut costs - They cut corners on installation costs by hiring “cheap,” inexperienced, improperly trained installers.
- Not honoring their warranty - They don’t honor their written warranties. If you ever make a claim, they play the “Delay Game” because they can’t afford to honor their warranties. They hope you will give up and go away. Consequently, the only way you can get them to honor the warranty that you paid for is to take legal action.
Consider Value Over Price
The second problem is that many dealers through their advertising have promoted the myth that price is the only consideration. (This is especially true of the "Big-box," "Liquidator," “Discount,” “Bargain Corral,” “Mega-Depot” stores.) While price is important, the overall value is even more significant. Remember these critical items that go into creating total VALUE:
- Quality materials. No bait-and-switch.
- Iron-clad warranty that is not only in writing, but the dealer stands behind out of a sense of ethics rather than threats of legal action.
- Knowledgeable sales consultant who can help you narrow the thousands of options to the one that’s best for your unique situation
- A stress-free, World Class installation process
- Friendly and reliable communication from the dealer’s staff during the selection and installation process.
- Your calls are returned promptly and NOT ignored.
- Expert installation by trained, qualified installers who conduct themselves as professionals in your home.
- A beautiful finished product that you can be proud of.